Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Weekly Blog 6

To begin this assignment, my group member and I reviewed the Web Page Evaluation Checklist. We went to "stem cells" abortion and evaluated the site with the checklist. Together we discussed what each question meant and how to evaluate our own Web sites. Next, I picked two sites from my bookmarks that I wanted to evaluate. I choose "Facts About Money" and "Let's Go Shopping". "Facts About Money" is a site from Pearson Education. I went to About.com and the information link from the page to find the awards that the site had won. This site had several advertisements on it. "Let's Go Shopping" had a .gov domain and was published by the U.S. Mint. This site was designed to teach students about coins. I believe that both of these sites are useful for my Web page. In this assignment, I learned how to evaluate the Web pages I choose by looking at the URL, scanning the page, checking out the sources, and looking at what others say about the page. I had never thought about going to blogsearch or a directory to see what others said about the site. I found this very helpful.

No comments: