Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Weekly Blog 5

In this assignment, I had to convert my Google bookmarks list into a Web page. I did not see a convert file dialog box when I tried to open the Web page. I think this somehow messed me up in this process. I saved my page as an HTML document, but while I was on Live Classroom Ctrl + click kept coming up when I tried to go into a site. I was able to go into my sites, so I did get my page presented. I'm still not sure what the problem was. I e-mailed Dr. Leader for suggestions.

I learned some valuable information on Live Classroom. Corey, Seth, Ali, Tonya, Mandi, and Pamela were in my group and presented their found sites. I really enjoyed Seth's resources on how to research different topics. This was geared to 5th graders, but could be used as a resource for upper elementary, middle, and high school students. I also enjoyed Pamela's ideas on how to find things in the media center. Mandi's page was also very useful in identifying parts of speech. I copied several of her sites down and plan to see if they can be adapted to fit second graders.

No comments: