Thursday, September 11, 2008
Weekly Blog 3
This week I learned about other search tools like subject directories, invisible web, GALILEO, and ERIC Database. I first used the subject directory in Librarians' Internet Index and About.com. I found a few items that related to my topic. I then investigated the Invisible Web. Here I found information and lesson plans that teachers themselves had submitted to the Internet. I bookmarked "The Lunch Money Jingle" from the I Love that Teaching Idea site. I then went to the ERIC database and tried to conduct a search. I had a hard time with this search. The site kept asking me to enable my cookies. I checked my cookies on my computer and it was enabled. When I was finally able to get into the ERIC database, I did not find any information pertaining to my topic. I then used Ask.com and Yahoo! Search. I found the Georgia Department of Education's Place Value, Money and Estimation Unit. This looked like a very helpful unit. I bookmarked it under my teacher's resources.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment