Monday, September 22, 2008
Weekly Blog 4
I explored Gateway to Educational Materials for the first time. I had not seen this site before and was excited to find such a great resource. I found two lesson plans that other teachers had written about money. Both had several different ideas to incorporate into a money unit. They also provided all of the materials that a teacher would need to implement this lesson right away. I then used GALILEO to find two journal articles relating to my topic. The first article was "Learning About Money: Effects of a Cognitively Appropriate Curriculum on Second-Grade Students and Teachers". The second article was "Everyday Problem Solving: Dollar Wise, Penny Foolish". Both articles encouraged the use of real world situations and manipulatives to help students understand the concept of money. Finally, I cited the Web sites that I had found.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment